4040 Coleman Cir Phone #:(510) 758-7413
Richmond, CA 94806 Cell # (510) 386-1771
webpage: http://www.scritch.net email: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Objective .
Excel as a primary contributor to the programming and design efforts on AAA game titles.
. Career Experience . (5+ years game programming experience)
LLC [ 6/99 - present ]
Programmer, 3 shipped game SKUs on 3 platforms, 1 SKU nearing completion, and 1 cancelled project:
Star Wars: Republic Commando (Windows PC & Xbox, slated completion Nov 2004)
Multiplayer programmer. C++, UnrealScript
· Integrated XBox Live menus and functionality.
· Integrated GameSpy Arcade and CDKey subsystems.
· Implemented and maintained multiplayer game modes, gameplay mechanics, network code, and profiles systems.
· Acted as point person for all multiplayer data handling and server management for MP game sessions.
Sam & Max: Freelance Police (Windows PC, cancelled 2004)
Gameplay programmer. Lua, C++
· Implemented minigames, including coding, integrating art and sound assets, prototyping, and collaborating with the team on each design.
· Contributed to overall game design, tuning, and creative writing throughout the game.
· Improved and augmented core subsystems (physics and input) to support the minigames.
RTX: Red Rock (PS2, 2003)
Engine programmer. C++
· Implemented Visual FX systems. Wrote high and mid level implementation of all special visual FX in the game. This included a particle system (sparks, steam, explosions, fire, electricity, etc), laser bolts, character FX (teleporting, alien death, etc), and the water simulation.
· Implemented all AI behavior, including all types of alien soldiers, spacecraft, and bosses. This included path finding, path following, and reaction to game situations.
· “… to their credit, the enemies in the game are pretty good about taking cover when coming under fire.” (Gamespot review 6.18.2003)
· Took on additional responsibility from other team members to help finish tuning dynamic loading logic.
Escape from Monkey Island (Windows PC, 2000)
Game programmer. Lua, C++
· Implemented all aspects of gameplay for 50% of the game. This included NPC behavior, environment interactivity, walkbox placement, background layering for 3D occlusion in a 2D background, any necessary visual FX per room, and puzzle programming.
· Wrote parts of the dialog script, collaborated on the design of puzzles and behavior, built minor pieces of art, and contributed to several game engine subsystems.
· Implemented Inventory, sentence line, game menu, and other game subsystems.
Escape from Monkey Island (PS2, 2001)
Game porting. Lua, C++
· Hugely reduced the memory footprint of the script environment from the original PC implementation (legacy issue from Grim Fandango’s usage of Lua).
· Redeveloped menu and input systems for PS2 compatibility and Sony PS2 TRC.
· Acted as release engineer for 5 language SKUs in DVD format.
UC Berkeley, CS Graphics dept., research [ 8/98 - 5/99 ]
SLIDE (Win32, IRIX, HP-UX, 1999)
· Collaborated in development of a script controlled rendering and animation engine for use in Berkeley undergraduate graphics course.
· Implemented support for procedural geometry generation and multiple viewports and windows/displays in XWindows.
· Ported to multiple platforms (NT, Unix)
. Degree .
Bachelor of Arts
Major in Computer Science.
Graduated with a 3.7 GPA in major.
. Skills .
Programming Languages / APIs:
C, C++, UnrealScript, Lua, OpenGL, Perl, HTML, Win32, Java, MIPS asm, Lisp, TCL/TK, UNIX shell scripting
Cross-platform development experience on Windows, Xbox and PS2
Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6, Visual Source Safe, NxN AlienBrain, Perforce, Purify, Eclearcase/clearcase, Borland C++, UNiX make/gcc, MS Visual Basic, MetroWerks CodeWarrior, Codewarrior Analysis Tools
Game Related Tools:
Photoshop, Maya modeling, texturing & animation, Lightwave modeling, texturing & animation
All flavors of Windows, most flavors of Unix, and MacOS